yaboot - problem

nello martuscielli ppc.addon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 09:13:31 EST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Manuel Morales <unberam_info at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I am new to the list, I have a problem with yaboot, I add the option console = ttyPZ0,38400in yaboot.conf to send the output to serial port, but when you run the ybin-v, then restart the linux server will not start well
>
> I am using raid 1 for root, swap and boot with fedora 16
>
> the server is a mac g5 xserve

Latest yaboot releases are able to recognize raid partitions, did you
asked support to you distro ml ?

I can't understand if yaboot only failed because wrong console line.
Anyway this is the correct line for an Xserve:

append="console=ttyPZ0,57600"

cheers,
Nello
--
Power Mac G4 AGP 450MHz - CRUX PPC (32bit)
my blog: http://linuxpowerpc.blogspot.com/