Yaboot on HFS+?

Jackoverfull jackoverfull at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 23:18:49 EST 2012

Il giorno 03/feb/2012, alle ore 04.40, Jim Harris ha scritto:

> In the source code for ybin, I found the following comment:
>
> <quote>
>     ## some misguided people insist on installing OSX on
>     ## HorribleFileSystem+ instead of UFS, as a result MacOS deblesses
>     ## OSX, making it unbootable. . . . .
> </quote>
>
> I’m confused.  Everything I have read about installing OSX (Tiger) talks about installing it in a HPFS+ file system.  When I did the original setup for the clean install, Disk Utility did not give me a UFS option.  The only thing CLOSE was the ‘UNIX’ option.  And that was described as a ‘don’t go there’ kind of thing.  My installation(s) of Tiger in a HPFS+ partition work wonderfully and (apparently) do not de-bless anything.
>
> Others talk about an ‘AFS’.  I wonder where all these file systems are coming from?

HFS+, actually, HPFS is another thing, never ben supported by Apple.
I think UFS support was dropped years ago, when HFSX (that is HFS+ with case sensitiveness) was introduced. It has never been the recommended FS anyway since some software had some incompatibilities with it, only useful for kernel development.