Yaboot not recognizing volume labels

Dustin N. Jenkins Dustin.Jenkins at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Sat Jan 30 08:12:59 EST 2010

Sorry, actually it does understand Volume labels as I was able to
replace the:

root=/dev/hda4

in my 'old' image with:

append="root=LABEL=Root"

and it booted just fine still.

So what the heck changed in the kernel? I suspect there's a udev problem
here somewhere since if I let BusyBox startup after waiting three
minutes for the Root Filesystem of the newew 'Linux' image, the udevd
command is started with udevd --daemon --resolve-names=never, which is
odd considering that when my 'old' image is booted up, it's started with
udevd --daemon.

Still something very wrong here. Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Dustin