Dual Boot on a PS3

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 16 19:13:13 EST 2008

2008/11/16 John Frankish <frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using ydl-6 on a playstation 3 and would like to set up a dual boot
> using yaboot.

I thought ps3 didn't have OF so can't use yaboot out of the box
without serious patching which they haven't pushed to me  it should be
using kboot by default or petitboot.

http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/petitboot/

Owen if this is true, can you explain why and send your patches.

The other option would be they could be doing or doing something like
slimline, firmworks OF, etc as a first stage rather than a kboot
kernel.

Paul