Help needed desperately...

acrux acrux_it at libero.it
Sun Mar 30 05:58:20 EST 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:17:55 +0100
"sil.ke at gmx.net" <sil.ke at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a problem and I hope to find help here!
> I'm running debian etch ppc with yaboot. I installed a new kernel
> from the debian repositories, but could only boot the old kernel, so
> I changed things in /etc/yaboot.conf and now it won't boot at all...
> I probably got the device wrong...

did you an "ybin -v" to reinstall the yaboot boot loader to your
bootstrap partition (as written in your yaboot.conf) after kernel
upgrade?

i don't know if debian's apt-get do it automatically...
btw, on ibook g4 i suggest to use kernel-2.6.25rc.

greetz,
Acrux
--
CRUX PPC - http://cruxppc.sunsite.dk/