Installing Ubuntu on an XServe

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 01:15:24 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 10:48 +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 20:48 -0400, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> > Another wrinkle that I should mention is that the version of parted
> > included with the Ubuntu install CD (I've tried using both alternate and
> > server versions) seems to have some problems. I could never get it to
> > set up the drives as a software RAID array and today, after dropping
> > into the shell and trying to run parted manually, I got a message saying
> > "You've found a bug in parted" which was promptly followed by a core
> > dump.
>
> David - any ideas on the parted issue.  What version of parted is it you
> are using?

Definitely need more information about how you were using parted.  You
can't use parted to set up a software RAID device.  You use parted to
partition an already set up software RAID device though.

parted --version will display the version number of parted.

Please include the commands you used which led to the parted bug.

Thanks,

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA