yaboot.conf for dual disk, multi-boot systems?

vze26m98 at optonline.net vze26m98 at optonline.net
Fri Aug 11 11:22:14 EST 2006

Greetings-

I have yaboot setup on a Pismo courtesy of Debian, a freshly downloaded copy of the Etch net-install CD, everything running fine with a multi-boot OSX/Debian configuration.

Right now I'm experimenting with Pocket Linux, and thought I could utilize the Zip drive I have for the Pismo media bay to prepare various Linux configurations to experiment with. First task is/was to get yaboot to want to boot a Zip disk.

I've been able to modify my yaboot.conf and install via ybin. What I get on boot when I select my "Zip" is a file not found for /boot/vmlinux.zip. I tried manually typing in the OF device and partition, but it makes no difference. ofpath and the ofpath shell script both return the same thing.

Below is my yaboot.conf. Any suggestions or pointers on how to achieve my goal?

Many thanks! Charles Turner

<vze26m98 at optonline.net>

boot=/dev/hda9
timeout=100
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot

enablecdboot
macosx=/dev/hda13

image=/boot/vmlinux
	label=Linux
	read-only
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img
	device=/pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/ata-4 at 1f000/disk at 0:
	partition=11
	root=/dev/hda11

image=/boot/vmlinux.zip
	label=Zip
	read-only
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img.zip
	device=/pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/media-bay at 34/ata-3 at 20000/disk at 0:
	partition=2
	root=/dev/hde2