[build error] [yaboot 1.3.16] ld: undefined reference to: posix_memalign, printf, stdout, ...

acrux acrux_it at libero.it
Fri Jan 21 21:22:28 EST 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:03:40 +0100
Douglas Mencken <dougmencken at gmail.com> wrote:

_omissis__

> I suppose, this problem goes to e2fsprogs developer(s). By the way,
> how do you build e2fsprogs? I'm using these commands:
> http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/manulix/scripts/build-scripts/BUILDCMDS/buildcmds-e2fsprogs

here you can find my Pkgfile (a kind of build script used by CRUX)
http://cruxppc.org/viewvc/core/branches/2.7/e2fsprogs/
http://cruxppc.org/viewvc/opt/branches/2.7/yaboot/

CRUX PPC  is released as two different installation ISO: 32bit and 64bit. The 32bit version is based on a single lib toolchain instead the 64bit one comes with a multilib toolchain. These two versions share the same ports tree.
Because CRUX PPC 64bit has the only toolchain as multilib then e2fsprogs is a full 64bit when compiled on 64bit version thus we release a yaboot binary package too for CRUX PPC 64
http://cruxppc.org/viewvc/opt/branches/2.7/yaboot-bin/

I hope this helps to solve your problems.

cheers,
--
acrux <acrux_it at libero.it>