patches to ybin

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Thu Jul 22 08:18:15 EST 2010

Hi there, people.

On Jul 21 2010, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Unfortunately, there are lots of places that still expect absolute
> device names.  Ybin is one of them.
>
> I've got a patch that fixes this (at least it fixes it in my test
> environment -- G4 PowerMac running Debian Squeeze).

That's good. Two questions, though:

1 - have you been able to make a bootable CD or DVD with your patched
    yaboot/ybin?
2 - did you have any chance of trying GRUB2?

> the details are in Debian bug report #580455
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580455
>
> Is there some way to get this patch (or something even better)
> accepted?   What can I do to help?

I just started a revamp of the packaging of yaboot at:

	http://git.debian.org/?p=users/rbrito-guest/yaboot.git

The best way to get things now would be to push any patches that we may
have upstream (if applicable in general). I have separated the whole,
monolithic patch in the original debian packaging in smaller patches,
but other things may be desired.

As I am without access to a powerpc box right now, I would appreciate it
if anybody could build the package to see how is its status right now.

If you want it, I can include your patch in my tree.

To the debian-boot people: since I have not heard from anybody, I just
decided to take action and change the packaging. I hope that you don't
mind me preparing an non-maintainer-upload.

BTW, I plan on importing the newer upstream versions into the repository
that I listed above.

That's it for the moment.

Regards,

--