patches to ybin

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Thu Jul 22 05:38:15 EST 2010

As part of the transition to udev, Debian is changing to using LABEL=
and UUID= instead of /dev/<device> in fstab and anywhere else absolute
device names are used.  This is because udev causes device names of
the form /dev/<device> to be non-deterministic (dependent on the order
that devices power up at boot-time).

Unfortunately, there are lots of places that still expect absolute
device names.  Ybin is one of them.

I've got a patch that fixes this (at least it fixes it in my test
environment -- G4 PowerMac running Debian Squeeze).

the details are in Debian bug report #580455

Is there some way to get this patch (or something even better)
accepted?   What can I do to help?

Thanks!

Rick

PS: I'm subscribed to yaboot-devel, so there's no need to CC me.