schedule for future releases

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Fri May 11 19:20:41 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 14:05 -0400, Leonardo Rangel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> many good features have been developed since last RC and we're now about to
> make available a new RC.

Yup.

> I believe it's a good time for we to discuss about it... what you think about
> creating some kind of schedule for future releases (including RCs)?

Sounds good - how about next RC released Wednesday 16 - that gives me
time to get into the office and do some last testing. Then a two week
testing period, then release on Friday 1 June.

> Maybe we can schedule periodical releases and a deep test phase right
> before it.

This sounds like a good plan - maybe we should go for 6 monthly
releases.

> Another important point do discuss: what you think about creating a
> "resource" list for our tests? I mean create a list of different
> machines models and types, in which we can run our tests. Everyone
> could contribute by telling what kind of machine he can use to test
> yaboot releases.

Maybe a wiki of some sort, I'll see what I can get sorted.

Paul