OF GUI boot?

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:48:49 EST 2007

On 4/15/07, Jon sharp <jon at jonsharp.net> wrote:

> Actually, I love the ASCII art idea!  I don't know why I didn't consider
> that before.  I use the aalib output filter for mplayer all the time.
> Anyway, I was, of course, thinking of binary images, but I actually
> think this would satisfy me for the most part.

Paul just reminded me that there's a function in yaboot.c called
print_message_file(), which will read /etc/yaboot.msg and print it to
screen.  Put something in there and see if that works for you.

Try some of the ones generated here: http://www.network-science.de/ascii/

Maybe Paul can seed /etc/yaboot.msg with something interesting (like the
above), which would make this functionality more visible, as I didn't know
about it...

:-Dustin