[SLOF] Loading file from disk image

Thomas Huth thuth at redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 23:50:58 AEDT 2018

On 02.01.2018 13:23, Jd Lyons wrote:

>> On Jan 2, 2018, at 4:35 AM, Thomas Huth <thuth at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 29.12.2017 10:09, Jd Lyons wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Now if there was only a byte-load word:-(
>>
>> The FCode interpreter is currently disabled in SLOF by default - since
>> nobody was actively using it in years and pulling in all the required
>> Forth code slowed down the boot process quite a bit.
>>
>> But you can enable it manually by typing this at the firmware prompt:
>>
>> include evaluator.fs
>>
>> After that, the "byte-load" word should be available.
>> I hope that's good enough for your experiments ... if there's a real
>> good reason for enabling it permanently again, please let us know, then
>> we should maybe come up with a better solution for this...
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Thanks Tom, is there a way to enable fcode-verbose?

What is fcode-verbose? That's not a standard Open Firmware Forth word,
is it?

There's a "eva-debug?" flag in the Fcode evaluator of SLOF, so that
might be related. You can enable it with:

true to eva-debug?

> Also trying to change to load-base always seem to end up with 3d0900, rather than what I try and set it too.
>
> Setenv load-base 8000000

I think SLOF interprets the values as decimal during setenv (not sure
whether that's correct). Anyway, try:

setenv load-base 0x8000000

 HTH,
  Thomas