[Skiboot] Fast reboot functionality

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.ibm.com
Thu Sep 27 04:28:22 AEST 2018

Artem Senichev <artemsen at gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 6:01 PM, Oliver <oohall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you do a git bisect to find the commit that broke it? Given the
>> Vesnin is a four socket system the default timeout might not be long
>> enough to work reliably for you.
>
> I have already tried to increase the default timeout, this doesn't work.
> Even if I set really big value - the system just hangs.
> Actually, it was broken some months ago, so I think 'git bisect' will
> be a long story, but I don't have a choice :)
> Anyway, thank you for the advice!

If you want to automate it, you could try using op-test (
https://github.com/open-power/op-test-framework ) and specifically,
running with "--run testcases.OpTestFastReboot.OpTestFastReboot", you
can set up a small script to do "git bisect run" by invoking op-test to
flash the skiboot image and try to see if fast reboot works.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.