[Skiboot] skiboot 6.0-rc1 released!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.ibm.com
Tue May 1 16:00:44 AEST 2018

skiboot-6.0-rc1
***************

skiboot v6.0-rc1 was released on Tuesday May 1st 2018. It is the first
release candidate of skiboot 6.0, which will become the new stable
release of skiboot following the 5.11 release, first released April
6th 2018.

Skiboot 6.0 will mark the basis for op-build v2.0 and will be required
for POWER9 systems.

skiboot v6.0-rc1 contains all bug fixes as of skiboot-5.11,
skiboot-5.10.5, and *skiboot-5.4.9* (the currently maintained stable
releases). Once 6.0 is released, we do *not* expect any further stable
releases in the 5.10.x series, nor in the 5.11.x series.

For how the skiboot stable releases work, see Skiboot stable tree
rules and releases for details.

The current plan is to cut the final 6.0 in early May, with skiboot
6.0 being for all POWER8 and POWER9 platforms in op-build v2.0.

Over skiboot-5.11, we have the following changes:

New Features
============

* Disable stop states from OPAL

  On ZZ, stop4,5,11 are enabled for PowerVM, even though doing so may
  cause problems with OPAL due to bugs in hcode.

  For other platforms, this isn’t so much of an issue as we can just
  control stop states by the MRW. However the rebuild-the-world
  approach to changing values there is a bit annoying if you just want
  to rule out a specific stop state from being problematic.

  Provide an nvram option to override what’s disabled in OPAL.

  The OPAL mask is currently ~0xE0000000 (i.e. all but stop 0,1,2)

  You can set an NVRAM override with:

     nvram -p ibm,skiboot --update-config opal-stop-state-disable-mask=0xFFFFFFF

  This nvram override will disable *all* stop states.

* interrupts: Create an “interrupts” property in the OPAL node

  Deprecate the old “opal-interrupts”, it’s still there, but the new
  property follows the standard and allow us to specify whether an
  interrupt is level or edge sensitive.

  Similarly create “interrupt-names” whose content is identical to
  “opal-interrupts-names”.

* SBE: Add timer support on POWER9

  SBE on P9 provides one shot programmable timer facility. We can use
  this to implement OPAL timers and hence limit the reliance on the
  Linux heartbeat (similar to HW timer facility provided by SLW on
  P8).

* Add SBE driver support

  SBE (Self Boot Engine) on P9 has two different jobs: - Boot the chip
  up to the point the core is functional - Provide various services
  like timer, scom, stash MPIPL, etc., at runtime

  We will use SBE for various purposes like timer, MPIPL, etc.

* opal:hmi: Add missing processor recovery reason string.

  With this patch now we see reason string printed for CORE_WOF[43]
  bit.

     [  477.352234986,7] HMI: [Loc: U78D3.001.WZS004A-P1-C48]: P:8 C:22 T:3: Processor recovery occurred.
     [  477.352240742,7] HMI: Core WOF = 0x0000000000100000 recovered error:
     [  477.352242181,7] HMI: PC - Thread hang recovery

* Add DIMM actual speed to device tree

  Recent HDAT provides DIMM actuall speed. Lets add this to device
  tree.

* Fix DIMM size property

  Today we parse vpd blob to get DIMM size information. This is
  limited to FSP based system. HDAT provides DIMM size value. Lets use
  that to populate device tree. So that we can get size information on
  BMC based system as well.

* PCI: Set slot power limit when supported

  The PCIe slot capability can be implemented in a root or switch
  downstream port to set the maximum power a card is allowed to draw
  from the system. This patch adds support for setting the power limit
  when the platform has defined one.

* hdata/spira: parse vpd to add part-number and serial-number to
  xscom@ node

  Expected by FWTS and associates our processor with the part/serial
  number, which is obviously a good thing for one’s own sanity.

Improved HMI Handling
---------------------

* opal/hmi: Add documentation for opal_handle_hmi2 call

* opal/hmi: Generate hmi event for recovered HDEC parity error.

* opal/hmi: check thread 0 tfmr to validate latched tfmr errors.

  Due to P9 errata, HDEC parity and TB residue errors are latched for
  non-zero threads 1-3 even if they are cleared. But these are not
  latched on thread 0. Hence, use xscom SCOMC/SCOMD to read thread 0
  tfmr value and ignore them on non-zero threads if they are not
  present on thread 0.

* opal/hmi: Print additional debug information in rendezvous.

* opal/hmi: Fix handling of TFMR parity/corrupt error.

  While testing TFMR parity/corrupt error it has been observed that
  HMIs are delivered twice for this error

     * First time HMI is delivered with HMER[4,5]=1 and TFMR[60]=1.

     * Second time HMI is delivered with HMER[4,5]=1 and TFMR[60]=0
       with valid TB.

  On second HMI we end up throwing “HMI: TB invalid without core error
  reported” even though TB is in a valid state.

* opal/hmi: Stop flooding HMI event for TOD errors.

  Fix the issue where every thread on the chip sends HMI event to host
  for TOD errors. TOD errors are reported to all the core/threads on
  the chip. Any one thread can fix the error and send event. Rest of
  the threads don’t need to send HMI event unnecessarily.

* opal/hmi: Fix soft lockups during TOD errors

  There are some TOD errors which do not affect working of TOD and TB.
  They stay in valid state. Hence we don’t need rendez vous for TOD
  errors that does not affect TB working.

  TOD errors that affects TOD/TB will report a global error on
  TFMR[44] alongwith bit 51, and they will go in rendez vous path as
  expected.

  But the TOD errors that does not affect TB register sets only TFMR
  bit 51. The TFMR bit 51 is cleared when any single thread clears the
  TOD error. Once cleared, the bit 51 is reflected to all the cores on
  that chip. Any thread that reads the TFMR register after the error
  is cleared will see TFMR bit 51 reset. Hence the threads that see
  TFMR[51]=1, falls through rendez-vous path and threads that see
  TFMR[51]=0, returns doing nothing. This ends up in a soft lockups in
  host kernel.

  This patch fixes this issue by not considering TOD interrupt
  (TFMR[51]) as a core-global error and hence avoiding rendez-vous
  path completely. Instead threads that see TFMR[51]=1 will now take
  different path that just do the TOD error recovery.

* opal/hmi: Do not send HMI event if no errors are found.

  For TOD errors, all the cores in the chip get HMIs. Any one thread
  from any core can fix the issue and TFMR will have error conditions
  cleared. Rest of the threads need take any action if TOD errors are
  already cleared. Hence thread 0 of every core should get a fresh
  copy of TFMR before going ahead recovery path. Initialize recover =
  -1, so that if no errors found that thread need not send a HMI event
  to linux. This helps in stop flooding host with hmi event by every
  thread even there are no errors found.

* opal/hmi: Initialize the hmi event with old value of HMER.

  Do this before we check for TFAC errors. Otherwise the event at host
  console shows no error reported in HMER register.

  Without this patch the console event show HMER with all zeros

     [  216.753417] Severe Hypervisor Maintenance interrupt [Recovered]
     [  216.753498]  Error detail: Timer facility experienced an error
     [  216.753509]  HMER: 0000000000000000
     [  216.753518]  TFMR: 3c12000870e04000

  After this patch it shows old HMER values on host console:

     [ 2237.652533] Severe Hypervisor Maintenance interrupt [Recovered]
     [ 2237.652651]  Error detail: Timer facility experienced an error
     [ 2237.652766]  HMER: 0840000000000000
     [ 2237.652837]  TFMR: 3c12000870e04000

* opal/hmi: Rework HMI handling of TFAC errors

  This patch reworks the HMI handling for TFAC errors by introducing 4
  rendez-vous points improve the thread synchronization while handling
  timebase errors that requires all thread to clear dirty data from
  TB/HDEC register before clearing the errors.

* opal/hmi: Don’t bother passing HMER to pre-recovery cleanup

  The test for TFAC error is now redundant so we remove it and remove
  the HMER argument.

* opal/hmi: Move timer related error handling to a separate function

  Currently no functional change. This is a first step to completely
  rewriting how these things are handled.

* opal/hmi: Add a new opal_handle_hmi2 that returns direct info to
  Linux

  It returns a 64-bit flags mask currently set to provide info about
  which timer facilities were lost, and whether an event was
  generated.

* opal/hmi: Remove races in clearing HMER

  Writing to HMER acts as an “AND”. The current code writes back the
  value we originally read with the bits we handled cleared. This is
  racy, if a new bit gets set in HW after the original read, we’ll end
  up clearing it without handling it.

  Instead, use an all 1’s mask with only the bit handled cleared.

* opal/hmi: Don’t re-read HMER multiple times

  We want to make sure all reporting and actions are based upon the
  same snapshot of HMER in case bits get added by HW while we are in
  OPAL.

libflash and ffspart
--------------------

Many improvements to the *ffspart* utility and *libflash* have come in
this release, making *ffspart* suitable for building bit-identical
PNOR images as the existing tooling used by *op-build*. The plan is to
switch *op-build* to use this infrastructure in the not too distant
future.

* libflash/blocklevel: Make read/write be ECC agnostic for callers

  The blocklevel abstraction allows for regions of the backing store
  to be marked as ECC protected so that blocklevel can decode/encode
  the ECC bytes into the buffer automatically without the caller
  having to be ECC aware.

  Unfortunately this abstraction is far from perfect, this is only
  useful if reads and writes are performed at the start of the ECC
  region or in some circumstances at an ECC aligned position - which
  requires the caller be aware of the ECC regions.

  The problem that has arisen is that the blocklevel abstraction is
  initialised somewhere but when it is later called the caller is
  unaware if ECC exists in the region it wants to arbitrarily read and
  write to. This should not have been a problem since blocklevel
  knows. Currently misaligned reads will fail ECC checks and
  misaligned writes will overwrite ECC bytes and the backing store
  will become corrupted.

  This patch add the smarts to blocklevel_read() and
  blocklevel_write() to cope with the problem. Note that ECC can
  always be bypassed by calling blocklevel_raw_() functions.

  All this work means that the gard tool can can safely call
  blocklevel_read() and blocklevel_write() and as long as the
  blocklevel knows of the presence of ECC then it will deal with all
  cases.

  This also commit removes code in the gard tool which compensated for
  inadequacies no longer present in blocklevel.

* libflash/blocklevel: Return region start from ecc_protected()

  Currently all ecc_protected() does is say if a region is ECC
  protected or not. Knowing a region is ECC protected is one thing but
  there isn’t much that can be done afterwards if this is the only
  known fact. A lot more can be done if the caller is told where the
  ECC region begins.

  Knowing where the ECC region start it allows to caller to align its
  read/and writes. This allows for more flexibility calling read and
  write without knowing exactly how the backing store is organised.

* libflash/ecc: Add helpers to align a position within an ecc buffer

  As part of ongoing work to make ECC invisible to higher levels up
  the stack this function converts a ‘position’ which should be ECC
  agnostic to the equivalent position within an ECC region starting at
  a specified location.

* libflash/ecc: Add functions to deal with unaligned ECC memcpy

* external/ffspart: Improve error output

* libffs: Fix bad checks for partition overlap

  Not all TOCs are written at zero

* libflash/libffs: Allow caller to specifiy header partition

  An FFS TOC is comprised of two parts. A small header which has a
  magic and very minimmal information about the TOC which will be
  common to all partitions, things like number of patritions, block
  sizes and the like. Following this small header are a series of
  entries. Importantly there is always an entry which encompases the
  TOC its self, this is usually called the ‘part’ partition.

  Currently libffs always assumes that the ‘part’ partition is at
  zero. While there is always a TOC and zero there doesn’t actually
  have to be. PNORs may have multiple TOCs within them, therefore
  libffs needs to be flexible enough to allow callers to specify TOCs
  not at zero.

  The ‘part’ partition is otherwise a regular partition which may have
  flags associated with it. libffs should allow the user to set the
  flags for the ‘part’ partition.

  This patch achieves both by allowing the caller to specify the
  ‘part’ partition. The caller can not and libffs will provide a
  sensible default.

* libflash/libffs: Refcount ffs entries

  Currently consumers can add an new ffs entry to multiple headers,
  this is fine but freeing any of the headers will cause the entry to
  be freed, this causes double free problems.

  Even if only one header is uses, the consumer of the library still
  has a reference to the entry, which they may well reuse at some
  other point.

  libffs will now refcount entries and only free when there are no
  more references.

  This patch also removes the pointless return value of ffs_hdr_free()

* libflash/libffs: Switch to storing header entries in an array

  Since the libffs no longer needs to sort the entries as they get
  added it makes little sense to have the complexity of a linked list
  when an array will suffice.

* libflash/libffs: Remove backup partition from TOC generation code

  It turns out this code was messy and not all that reliable. Doing it
  at the library level adds complexity to the library and restrictions
  to the caller.

  A simpler approach can be achived with the just instantiating
  multiple ffs_header structures pointing to different parts of the
  same file.

* libflash/libffs: Remove the ‘sides’ from the FFS TOC generation
  code

  It turns out this code was messy and not all that reliable. Doing it
  at the library level adds complexity to the library and restrictions
  to the caller.

  A simpler approach can be achived with the just instantiating
  multiple ffs_header structures pointing to different parts of the
  same file.

* libflash/libffs: Always add entries to the end of the TOC

  It turns out that sorted order isn’t the best idea. This removes
  flexibility from the caller. If the user wants their partitions in
  sorted order, they should insert them in sorted order.

* external/ffspart: Remove side, order and backup options

  These options are currently flakey in libflash/libffs so there isn’t
  much point to being able to use them in ffspart.

  Future reworks planned for libflash/libffs will render these options
  redundant anyway.

* libflash/libffs: ffs_close() should use ffs_hdr_free()

* libflash/libffs: Add setter for a partitions actual size

* pflash: Use ffs_entry_user_to_string() to standardise flag strings

* libffs: Standardise ffs partition flags

  It seems we’ve developed a character respresentation for ffs
  partition flags. Currently only pflash really prints them so it
  hasn’t been a problem but now ffspart wants to read them in from
  user input.

  It is important that what libffs reads and what pflash prints remain
  consistent, we should move the code into libffs to avoid problems.

* external/ffspart: Allow # comments in input file

p9dsu Platform changes
======================

The p9dsu platform from SuperMicro (also known as ‘Boston’) has
received a number of updates, and the patches once carried by
SuperMicro are now upstream.

* p9dsu: detect p9dsu variant even when hostboot doesn’t tell us

  The SuperMicro BMC can tell us what riser type we have, which
  dictates the PCI slot tables. Usually, in an environment that a
  customer would experience, Hostboot will do the query with an SMC
  specific patch (not upstream as there’s no platform specific code in
  hostboot) and skiboot knows what variant it is based on the
  compatible string.

  However, if you’re using upstream hostboot, you only get the bare
  ‘p9dsu’ compatible type. We can work around this by asking the BMC
  ourselves and setting the slot table appropriately. We do this
  syncronously in platform init so that we don’t start probing PCI
  before we setup the slot table.

* p9dsu: add slot power limit.

* p9dsu: add pci slot table for Boston LC 1U/2U and Boston LA/ESS.

* p9dsu HACK: fix system-vpd eeprom

* p9dsu: change esel command from AMI to IBM 0x3a.

ZZ Platform Changes
===================

* hdata/i2c: Fix up pci hotplug labels

  These labels are used on the devices used to do PCIe slot power
  control for implementing PCIe hotplug. I’m not sure how they ended
  up as “eeprom-pgood” and “eeprom-controller” since that doesn’t make
  any sense.

* hdata/i2c: Ignore multi-port I2C devices

  Recent FSP firmware builds add support for multi-port I2C devices
  such as the GPIO expanders used for the presence detect of OpenCAPI
  devices and the PCIe hotplug controllers used to power cycle PCIe
  slots on ZZ.

  The OpenCAPI driver inside of skiboot currently uses a platform-
  specific method to talk to the relevant I2C device rather than
  relying on HDAT since not all platforms correctly report the I2C
  devices (hello Zaius). Additionally the nature of multi-port devices
  require that we a device specific handler so that we generate the
  correct DT bindings. Currently we don’t and there is no immediate
  need for this support so just ignore the multi-port devices for now.

* hdata/i2c: Replace *i2c_* prefix with *dev_*

  The current naming scheme makes it easy to conflate “i2cm_port” and
  “i2c_port.” The latter is used to describe multi-port I2C devices
  such as GPIO expanders and multi-channel PCIe hotplug controllers.
  Rename i2c_port to dev_port to make the two a bit more distinct.

  Also rename i2c_addr to dev_addr for consistency.

* hdata/i2c: Ignore CFAM I2C master

  Recent FSP firmware builds put in information about the CFAM I2C
  master in addition the to host I2C masters accessible via XSCOM.
  Odds are this information should not be there since there’s no
  handshaking between the FSP/BMC and the host over who controls that
  I2C master, but it is so we need to deal with it.

  This patch adds filtering to the HDAT parser so it ignores the CFAM
  I2C master. Without this it will create a bogus i2cm@<addr> which
  migh cause issues.

* ZZ: hw/imc: Add support to load imc catalog lid file

  Add support to load the imc catalog from a lid file packaged as part
  of the system firmware. Lid number allocated is 0x80f00103.lid.

Bugs Fixed
==========

* core: Fix iteration condition to skip garded cpu

* uart: fix uart_opal_flush to take console lock over uart_con_flush
  This bug meant that OPAL_CONSOLE_FLUSH didn’t take the appropriate
  locks. Luckily, since this call is only currently used in the crash
  path.

* xive: fix missing unlock in error path

* OPAL_PCI_SET_POWER_STATE: fix locking in error paths

  Otherwise we could exit OPAL holding locks, potentially leading to
  all sorts of problems later on.

* hw/slw: Don’t assert on a unknown chip

  For some reason skiboot populates nodes in /cpus/ for the cores on
  chips that are deconfigured. As a result Linux includes the threads
  of those cores in it’s set of possible CPUs in the system and
  attempts to set the SPR values that should be used when waking a
  thread from a deep sleep state.

  However, in the case where we have deconfigured chip we don’t create
  a xscom node for that chip and as a result we don’t have a proc_chip
  structure for that chip either. In turn, this results in an
  assertion failure when calling opal_slw_set_reg() since it expects
  the chip structure to exist. Fix this up and print an error instead.

* opal/hmi: Generate one event per core for processor recovery.

  Processor recovery is per core error. All threads on that core
  receive HMI. All threads don’t need to generate HMI event for same
  error.

  Let thread 0 only generate the event.

* sensors: Dont add DTS sensors when OCC inband sensors are
  available

  There are two sets of core temperature sensors today. One is DTS
  scom based core temperature sensors and the second group is the
  sensors provided by OCC. DTS is the highest temperature among the
  different temperature zones in the core while OCC core temperature
  sensors are the average temperature of the core. DTS sensors are
  read directly by the host by SCOMing the DTS sensors while OCC
  sensors are read and updated by OCC to main memory.

  Reading DTS sensors by SCOMing is a heavy and slower operation as
  compared to reading OCC sensors which is as good as reading memory.
  So dont add DTS sensors when OCC sensors are available.

* core/fast-reboot: Increase timeout for dctl sreset to 1sec

  Direct control xscom can take more time to complete. We seem to wait
  too little on Boston failing fast-reboot for no good reason.

  Increase timeout to 1 sec as a reasonable value for sreset to be
  delivered and core to start executing instructions.

* occ: sensors-groups: Add DT properties to mark HWMON sensor groups

  Fix the sensor type to match HWMON sensor types. Add compatible flag
  to indicate the environmental sensor groups so that operations on
  these groups can be handled by HWMON linux interface.

* core: Correctly load initramfs in stb container

  Skiboot does not calculate the actual size and start location of the
  initramfs if it is wrapped by an STB container (for example if

  Check if the initramfs is in an STB container and determine the size
  and location correctly in the same manner as the kernel. Since
  load_initramfs() is called after load_kernel() move the call to
  trustedboot_exit_boot_services() into load_and_boot_kernel() so it
  is called after both of these.

* hdat/i2c.c: quieten “v2 found, parsing as v1”

* hw/imc: Check for pause_microcode_at_boot() return status

  pause_microcode_at_boot() loops through all the chip’s ucode control
  block and pause the ucode if it is in the running state. But it does
  not fail if any of the chip’s ucode is not initialised.

  Add code to return a failure if ucode is not initialized in any of
  the chip. Since pause_microcode_at_boot() is called just before
  attaching the IMC device nodes in imc_init(), add code to check for
  the function return.

Slot location code fixes:

* npu2: Use ibm, loc-code rather than ibm, slot-label

  The ibm,slot-label property is to name the slot that appears under a
  PCIe bridge. In the past we (ab)used the slot tables to attach names
  to GPU devices and their corresponding NVLinks which resulted in
  npu2.c using slot-label as a location code rather than as a way to
  name slots.

  Fix this up since it’s confusing.

* hdata/slots: Apply slot label to the parent slot

  Slot names only really make sense when applied to an actual slot
  rather than a device. On witherspoon the GPU devices have a name
  associated with the device rather than the slot for the GPUs. Add a
  hack that moves the slot label to the parent slot rather than on the
  device itself.

* pci-dt-slot: Big ol’ cleanup

  The underlying data that we get from HDAT can only really describe a
  PCIe system. As such we can simplify the devicetree slot lookup code
  by only caring about the important cases, namly, root ports and
  switch downstream ports.

  This also fixes a bug where root port didn’t get a Slot label
  applied which results in devices under that port not having ibm,loc-
  code set. This results in the EEH core being unable to report the
  location of EEHed devices under that port.

opal-prd
--------

* opal-prd: Insert powernv_flash module

  Explictly load powernv_flash module on BMC based system so that we
  are sure that flash device is created before starting opal-prd
  daemon.

  Note that I have replaced pnor_available() check with
  is_fsp_system(). As we want to load module on BMC system only. Also
  pnor_init has enough logic to detect flash device. Hence
  pnor_available() becomes redundant check.

NPU2/NVLINK2
------------

* npu2/hw-procedures: fence bricks on GPU reset

  The NPU workbook defines a way of fencing a brick and getting the
  brick out of fence state. We do have an implementation of bringing
  the brick out of fenced/quiesced state. We do the latter in our
  procedures, but to support run time reset we need to do the former.

  The fencing ensures that access to memory behind the links will not
  lead to HMI’s, but instead SUE’s will be populated in cache (in the
  case of speculation). The expectation is then that prior to and
  after reset, the operating system components will flush the cache
  for the region of memory behind the GPU.

  This patch does the following:

  1. Implements a npu2_dev_fence_brick() function to set/clear
     fence state

  2. Clear FIR bits prior to clearing the fence status

  3. Clear’s the fence status

  4. We take the powerbus out of CQ fence much later now, in
     credits_check() which is the last hardware procedure called after
     link training.

* hw/npu2.c: Remove static configuration of NPU2 register

  The NPU_SM_CONFIG0 register currently needs to be configured in
  Skiboot to select NVLink mode, however Hostboot should configure
  other bits in this register.

  For some reason Skiboot was explicitly clearing bit-6
  (CONFIG_DISABLE_VG_NOT_SYS). It is unclear why this bit was getting
  cleared as recent Hostboot versions explicitly set it to the correct
  value based on the specific system configuration. Therefore Skiboot
  should not alter it.

  Bit-58 (CONFIG_NVLINK_MODE) selects if NVLink mode should be enabled
  or not. Hostboot does not configure this bit so Skiboot should
  continue to configure it.

* npu2: Improve log output of GPU-to-link mapping

  Debugging issues related to unconnected NVLinks can be a little less
  irritating if we use the NPU2DEV{DBG,INF}() macros instead of
  prlog().

  In short, change this:

     NPU2: comparing GPU 'GPU2' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU2: comparing GPU 'GPU3' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU2: comparing GPU 'GPU4' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU2: comparing GPU 'GPU5' and NPU2 'GPU1'
           :
     npu2_dev_bind_pci_dev: No PCI device for NPU2 device 0006:00:01.0 to bind to. If you expect a GPU to be there, this is a problem.

  to this:

     NPU6:0:1.0 Comparing GPU 'GPU2' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU6:0:1.0 Comparing GPU 'GPU3' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU6:0:1.0 Comparing GPU 'GPU4' and NPU2 'GPU1'
     NPU6:0:1.0 Comparing GPU 'GPU5' and NPU2 'GPU1'
           :
     NPU6:0:1.0 No PCI device found for slot 'GPU1'

* npu2: Move NPU2_XTS_BDF_MAP_VALID assignment to context init

  A bad GPU or other condition may leave us with a subset of links
  that never get initialized. If an ATSD is sent to one of those
  bricks, it will never complete, leaving us waiting forever for a
  response:

     watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#23 stuck for 23s! [acos:2050]
     Modules linked in: nvidia_uvm(O) nvidia(O)
     CPU: 23 PID: 2050 Comm: acos Tainted: G        W  O    4.14.0 #2
     task: c0000000285cfc00 task.stack: c000001fea860000
     NIP:  c0000000000abdf0 LR: c0000000000acc48 CTR: c0000000000ace60
     REGS: c000001fea863550 TRAP: 0901   Tainted: G        W  O     (4.14.0)
     MSR:  9000000000009033 <SF,HV,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI,LE>  CR: 28004484  XER: 20040000
     CFAR: c0000000000abdf4 SOFTE: 1
     GPR00: c0000000000acc48 c000001fea8637d0 c0000000011f7c00 c000001fea863820
     GPR04: 0000000002000000 0004100026000000 c0000000012778c8 c00000000127a560
     GPR08: 0000000000000001 0000000000000080 c000201cc7cb7750 ffffffffffffffff
     GPR12: 0000000000008000 c000000003167e80
     NIP [c0000000000abdf0] mmio_invalidate_wait+0x90/0xc0
     LR [c0000000000acc48] mmio_invalidate.isra.11+0x158/0x370

  ATSDs are only sent to bricks which have a valid entry in the
  XTS_BDF table. So to prevent the hang, don’t set
  NPU2_XTS_BDF_MAP_VALID unless we make it all the way to creating a
  context for the BDF.

Secure and Trusted Boot
-----------------------

* hdata/tpmrel: detect tpm not present by looking up the
  stinfo->status

  Skiboot detects if tpm is present by checking if a
  secureboot_tpm_info entry exists. However, if a tpm is not present,
  hostboot also creates a secureboot_tpm_info entry. In this case,
  hostboot creates an empty entry, but setting the field tpm_status to
  TPM_NOT_PRESENT.

  This detects if tpm is not present by looking up the stinfo->status.

  This fixes the “TPMREL: TPM node not found for chip_id=0 (HB bug)”
  issue, reproduced when skiboot is running on a system that has no
  tpm.

PCI
---

* phb4: Restore bus numbers after CRS

  Currently we restore PCIe bus numbers right after the link is up.
  Unfortunately as this point we haven’t done CRS so config space may
  not be accessible.

  This moves the bus number restore till after CRS has happened.

* romulus: Add a barebones slot table

* phb4: Quieten and improve “Timeout waiting for electrical link”

  This happens normally if a slot doesn’t have a working HW presence
  detect and relies instead of inband presence detect.

  The message we display is scary and not very useful unless ou are
  debugging, so quiten it up and change it to something more
  meaningful.

* pcie-slot: Don’t fail powering on an already on switch

  If the power state is already the required value, return
  OPAL_SUCCESS rather than OPAL_PARAMETER to avoid spurrious errors
  during boot.

CAPI/OpenCAPI
-------------

* capi: Keep the current mmio windows in the mbt cache table.

  When the phb is used as a CAPI interface, the current mmio windows
  list is cleaned before adding the capi and the prefetchable memory
  (M64) windows, which implies that the non-prefetchable BAR is no
  more configured. This patch allows to set only the mbt bar to pass
  capi mmio window and to keep, as defined, the other mmio values (M32
  and M64).

* npu2-opencapi: Fix ‘link internal error’ FIR, take 2

  When setting up an opencapi link, we set the transport muxes first,
  then set the PHY training config register, which includes disabling
  nvlink mode for the bricks. That’s the order of the init sequence,
  as found in the NPU workbook.

  In reality, doing so works, but it raises 2 FIR bits in the PowerBus
  OLL FIR Register for the 2 links when we configure the transport
  muxes. Presumably because nvlink is not disabled yet and we are
  configuring the transport muxes for opencapi.

  bit 60:
     link0 internal error

  bit 61:
     link1 internal error

  Overall the current setup ends up being correct and everything
  works, but we raise 2 FIR bits.

  So tweak the order of operations to disable nvlink before
  configuring the transport muxes. Incidentally, this is what the
  scripts from the opencapi enablement team were doing all along.

* npu2-opencapi: Fix ‘link internal error’ FIR, take 1

  When we setup a link, we always enable ODL0 and ODL1 at the same
  time in the PHY training config register, even though we are setting
  up only one OTL/ODL, so it raises a “link internal error” FIR bit in
  the PowerBus OLL FIR Register for the second link. The error is
  harmless, as we’ll eventually setup the second link, but there’s no
  reason to raise that FIR bit.

  The fix is simply to only enable the ODL we are using for the link.

* phb4: Do not set the PBCQ Tunnel BAR register when enabling capi
  mode.

  The cxl driver will set the capi value, like other drivers already
  do.

* phb4: set TVT1 for tunneled operations in capi mode

  The ASN indication is used for tunneled operations (as_notify and
  atomics). Tunneled operation messages can be sent in PCI mode as
  well as CAPI mode.

  The address field of as_notify messages is hijacked to encode the
  LPID/PID/TID of the target thread, so those messages should not go
  through address translation. Therefore bit 59 is part of the ASN
  indication.

  This patch sets TVT#1 in bypass mode when capi mode is enabled, to
  prevent as_notify messages from being dropped.

Debugging/Testing improvements

* core/stack: backtrace unwind basic OPAL call details

  Put OPAL callers’ r1 into the stack back chain, and then use that to
  unwind back to the OPAL entry frame (as opposed to boot entry, which
  has a 0 back chain).