[Skiboot] [PATCH V2 4/5] capi: Load capp microcode

Frederic Barrat fbarrat at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Apr 4 20:19:37 AEST 2017

Le 04/04/2017 à 03:09, Stewart Smith a écrit :
> Frederic Barrat <fbarrat at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>> Le 03/04/2017 à 04:30, Stewart Smith a écrit :
>>> Christophe Lombard <clombard at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>>>> CAPP microcode flash download and CAPP upload for PHB4.
>>>> A new file 'capp.c' is created to receive common capp code for PHB3 and
>>>> PHB4.
>>>> Signed-off-by: Christophe Lombard <clombard at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
>>> When are we likely to see P9 CAPP ucode hit github? Currently it's
>>> impossible to test functionality of capi code on p9 as there's no
>>> locatable capp ucode to load in.
>>> (well... except ZZ I guess, as FSP will have it)
>> Hi Stewart,
>> We are still doing capi bringup on real-hardware, so it's a bit early
>> for you testing anything.
> Okay - is there anything urgent for merging this or can it wait until
> closer to the end of April? I'm out for the next 2 weeks and it'd be
> better if we could merge something that is working pretty well on real
> hardware so that we don't disturb others.

I believe it's ok to wait till the end of the month.

>> I'd also like to have the capp ucode in op-build, since I'm already
>> tired of setting it up manually. I'm checking with the capp folks if
>> they have any problem with it.
> There may be enough room in the PNOR partition to include them all, we
> seem to have a 144kb partition with only 40kb used.
>> Then we'll need to work a bit the capp-ucode build to find out if we are
>> building for p8 or p9, so that we populate cappucode.bin with the
>> correct content.
> The subpartition logic in there could probably just append it, and
> that'll be the least effort to get going. Optimising PNOR space usage
> can always come later :)

Fine, I'll take the offer and not worry about splitting the p8 and p9 
ucode for the time being. With the dd1 ucod, the capp partition is at 
around 80kb, so we'd still have room for one more.
I'll send a request to pull the p9 ucode once a few details are sorted 
out with the capp team, hopefully soon.


More information about the Skiboot mailing list