[Skiboot] Device Tree warnings from Firmware Test Suite

Deborah McLemore debmc at us.ibm.com
Thu May 12 09:24:35 AEST 2016

Hi All,

As many of you are aware we are starting to implement some new OPAL
firmware tests into the Firmware Test Suite
(see a previous post about a new feature recently added for OLOG ->
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/skiboot/2016-April/003121.html ).

An additional new firmware test has been added for the OPAL device tree
"Add base device-tree validity checks".

While running this check today we surfaced the following failure from dtc:

Thjs was run on the following code levels:

*CL OPAL skiboot-5.1.9-ada75ff
*OS Linux 4.4.0-21-generic

$ src/fwts dt_base
Running 1 tests, results appended to results.log
Test: Base device tree validity check
Check device tree presence 1 passed
Check device tree baseline validity 1 passed
Check device tree warnings 1 failed                            <===
Failure see below

dt_base: Base device tree validity check
Test 1 of 3: Check device tree presence
PASSED: Test 1, Device tree present

Test 2 of 3: Check device tree baseline validity
PASSED: Test 2, Device tree data valid

Test 3 of 3: Check device tree warnings
FAILED [MEDIUM] DeviceTreeBaseDTCWarnings: Test 3, dtc reports warnings
from   <===  Warnings produced that need consult
device tree: Warning (reg_format): "reg" property in /ibm,opal/flash at 0 has
invalid length (8 bytes) (#address-cells == 0, #size-cells == 0)

Deb McLemore
IBM OpenPower - IBM Systems
(512) 286 9980

debmc at us.ibm.com