[Skiboot] ABI/API Changes for POWER9

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 23 15:33:08 AEST 2016

Hi all,

I'm starting to collect a list of things we want to change with
P9. Anything that's currently in P8 can be changed as we're going to
have an ABI break with the host kernel anyway (due to the chip). We may
not get this opportunity again for another few decades... so anything
that isn't clean and nice in the current OPAL API, we should think about
changing *now*.

I started a doc/opal-api/power9-changes.txt with a TODO list... anybody
got something to add?

I've started a discussion as part of the OpenPOWER Foundation System
Software Workgroup on error logging (see my soon-to-be-made post to the
openpower-firmware list).

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.