[Simplicity] Simplicity's second transaction

Russell O'Connor roconnor at blockstream.com
Mon Apr 6 00:24:23 AEST 2020

Hi everyone,

We have a new blog post @
https://medium.com/blockstream/simplicity-jets-release-803db10fd589 that
announces our first jetted transactions on regtest.  We have branches for
Simplicity on both the Bitcoin regtest network and the Elements regtest
network.

I have updated my elements gist showing example transactions on the
Elements regtest network using jets for SHA256 compression and Schnorr
signature verification.  You can compare the new transaction with jets @
https://gist.github.com/roconnor-blockstream/2d0c3e340b7f17178984a71786280537/8010398f98b2b1eef0c47a91636b8ea2e43fdc06
with the old revision without jets @
https://gist.github.com/roconnor-blockstream/2d0c3e340b7f17178984a71786280537/b6a4c962912d8a2c13453b554ceac32545f35264.
As we add more jets, for example for computing a standard sigHash, the
Simplicity program sizes will come down even further.

I've also posted example transaction on the Bitcoin regtest network @
https://gist.github.com/roconnor-blockstream/3f947fca7dd0a0ffb95d8af0fcc18449/baddd2502f4cb852066b6f6bfb65661e682f6996
for reference.

Work continues. I've been working on an example of what I call "universal
sighash" where one can specify an arbitrary Simplicity program to
selectively hash any parts of the transaction data you wish.  I hope to be
able to present that here soon.

--
Russell O'Connor