[Quickcall] Fedora 13 x86_64

David Gibson quickcall at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Tue Sep 28 15:07:10 EST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 06:35:26AM -0700, Michael Cheselka wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> By full functionality, I mean that none of the buttons and knobs work.
> I want to be able to answer calls, mute the microphone, hang up, and
> control the volume.

Ok.  So, as I say, the volume knob and mute buttons are supposed to
work, but there seems to be some sort of bug.  I'll try to fix that.

Call and hangup buttons are much harder: to implement them means
interacting with whatever program you're using for VoIP (ekiga, skype,
empathy, whatever).  There's no standard way of doing that, so it
would potentially require hacking any and all such programs you might
want to use.  I could translate the button presses into input layer
events assigned to semi-standard media buttons, which might work with
some programs, but probably not that many.

> Right now, the speaker works in mono and the microphone works in stereo.

Right.  As far as I can tell that's the only modes it can work in -
the hardware mike is stereo, the speaker mono.

> Never heard of qcfrob.py.

Ok, that was my original proof of concept which could manually issue
the magic initialization to the hardware.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson