[Quickcall] Fedora 13 x86_64

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Sep 27 16:26:27 EST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 01:13:18AM -0700, Michael Cheselka wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Thank you for making my > $50 USD purchase years ago finally amount to
> something.
>
> It's mostly working under Fedora 13 x86_64.  Volume control knob and
> buttons don't do anything.

I take it this is with quickcalld, rather than the earlier qcfrob.py?
The mute button and volume knob code worked for me last I tried, but
I've had another report of them not working.  I'll try to have another
look at it sometime.

> Also, the server certificate is marked dangerous by Google Chrome:
>
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/confirm/quickcall/a1b2c3...

That's probably because it's a certificate issued by cacert.org and
their root certificate isn't included in chrome by default.  It should
be possible to add their CA, but I'm not familiar with chrome, so I
can't tell you how.

> Are you using Fedora or Ubuntu?

I use Ubuntu myself.

> Is there any further development ongoing with this project?

Not actively, in that I haven't done anything new for quite a while.
I expect I may add some more, though, when I next want to use the
speakerphone myself and feel the lack of functionality.  Or when I
have some time, and it makes it to the top of my list of things to
work on.  Contributions which improve things are always most welcome,
of course.

> I'd really like to see full functionality now the Gmail has the Google
> Voice plugin.

Hrm, I'm not sure exactly what would count as "full functionality".
What specific things did you have in mind.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson