[OpenPower-Firmware] LPC Address space questions

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:59:41 AEDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 04:54:39PM -0500, Daniel M Crowell wrote:

> If we move the map, everything moves, including the xscom base addresses.
> The xscom BAR is setup by the SBE, it isn't changed dynamically with host
> code once it is established.

So for the time being, until something major happens with the SBE's
firmware, I can go ahead and treat the lpc/xscom BAR as being hard-coded
addresses provided by a bootrom/hardware straps, gotcha. Thanks for all
the info, not sure if I've expressed it before but I really appreciate
that $big_company is taking time to respond to emails from 'just a guy'
who doesn't even own the hardware in question :).

On a related note, do you think its possible that IBM could release
LPC Host Controller datasheets? skiboot/hw/lpc.c has a bit of the reg
definitions present, but a unified guide like POWER9_PCIe_controller_v11_27JUL2018_pub.pdf
would be very useful imho.

Regards.