[OpenPower-Firmware] LPC Address space questions

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:52:39 AEDT 2020

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 01:24:05AM +0000, Daniel M Crowell wrote:
>>> Yes, either case could cause it.  Either nothing is installed or we find errors and
>>> deconfigure/gard what is installed.
>> So, for example's sake (not aware of too many different kinds of p9
>> systems tbh) lets use the Raptor Computing BlackBird as the device in
>> question. One cpu socket, two dram sockets. Assuming 'normal operation',
>> this lpc address space will end up always at the location mentioned
>> earlier, and it only gets complex on multi-cpu systems?
> Correct, this only comes into play on multi-socket systems.
Ok, and one more question in this area. Looking at skiboot's hw/xscom.c,
its all pretty much big endian mmio accesses, but if it were determined
that the address had to be moved (for lack of ram/bad ram/etc), would
that movement be achieved via mmio writes to the address we've
determined to be unsuitable? Same for the xscom base address, I guess.