[OpenPower-Firmware] Hardware documentation

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Sun Oct 13 01:37:22 AEDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:34:52PM -0500, Daniel M Crowell wrote:

> Hopefully you've already perused the documents out here -
> https://www-355.ibm.com/systems/power/openpower/ .  The "Power9 Processor
> Registers" spec at
Yeah, I've browsed it a bit. Its how I ended up figuring out that they
are not simple 'devmem $addr' addresses to read like on simpler(?) chips
like the various arm ones. To be quite fair the entire architechture of
the power9 chips is fascinating, if a bit confusing (for now; I think
I'm slowly learning to grok it)
> https://ibm.ent.box.com/s/ddcdl3g0otdzyiajhkfe3jjh2oy5p3mt has all of the
> scom registers.  From there you can at least decode the registers that
> we're touching in the code.

Yeah. It would be nice if there was some chart indexed by address
instead of alphabetically by name (granted within this index there are
large groups in such an order, but overall its a bit mixed up).