[OpenPower-Firmware] [POWER8] OCC Firdata over IPMI

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Thu May 23 10:40:38 AEST 2019

Hi Artem,

Snipping somewhat, I'll let Doug dig into the specifics of the OCC issue as he
implemented the IPMI HIOMAP support for it.

On Wed, 22 May 2019, at 17:13, Artem Senichev wrote:

> We have HIOMAP support for our bundle (OpenBMC+OpenPOWER), it looks like
> the entire solution works fine except the OCC project, it is the last
> component that directly writes data to the PNOR flash.

Great to hear the rest works for you. Just for your awareness you may need to
pick up a couple of patches depending on what firmwares you're running: [1]
to fix a data write corruption issue in skiboot and [2] to resolve a memory leak
in OpenBMC. These are the critical issues, but there are further sets of skiboot
and OpenBMC patches that I recommend to avoid lockups. I can point you to
them if necessary.

On the skiboot side, master contains all the fixes we have needed so far, and
everything except for [3] is contained in the v6.3 tag. OpenBMC master has
all its respective fixes included.

Bit of a tangent, but I hope it helps.

Andrew

[1] https://github.com/open-power/skiboot/commit/7f291166283f