[OpenPower-Firmware] Add new configuration

Daniel M Crowell dcrowell at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 15 02:43:41 AEDT 2018

> We have a few patches: 1 for OCC and 7 for Hostboot to support some
> specific features for our platform, such as increased watchdog
> May I commit them into the op-build project
(openpower/patches/vesnin-patches)?
Depending on what they look like, we might be able to put them into the
base code itself to avoid carrying patches around.  The key part is that
anything system-specific needs to be driven by a MRW-based attribute check
or a CONFIG flag.  Go ahead and submit a pull request to the appropriate
repo and we'll take a look.  Worst case we just say no. ;-)

(Side note - the hostboot response is a bit slow on the P8 side right now,
just a warning.)

--
Dan Crowell
Senior Software Engineer - Power Systems Enablement Firmware
dcrowell at us.ibm.com