[OpenPower-Firmware] buildroot 2016.02

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 31 18:54:46 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

I threw up some branches for op-build moving to buildroot 2016.02

Would appreciate some review.

A rebased buildroot tree on buildroot 2016.02:
https://github.com/stewart-ibm/buildroot/tree/2016.02-op-build
- a few patches are upstream in 2016.02 so we no longer need to carry
  them
- I've squashed the kernel version bumps up to one commit
- some patches are still upstream, but beyond 2016.02, so we still carry
  them.

Updated op-build
https://github.com/stewart-ibm/op-build/tree/buildroot-2016.02
Two notable things:
- petitboot now selects BR2_PACKAGE_LVM2
  Also up at https://github.com/open-power/op-build/pull/423
- it seems we have to explicitly say we want 4.4 headers to get
  buildroot to do the right thing, even though we *should* be able to say
  we want the latest kernel and headers to match kernel.
  We'll probably want to resolve this with upstream buildroot.

I've built and boot tested on a palmetto... and things seem okay.

If these look good, I'll poke the buildroot tree over to
openpower/buildroot and put in a pull request for the op-build changes
so that the automated foo can hit them.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.