[OpenPower-Firmware] Upcoming op-build v1.8

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 16 17:09:03 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

tl;dr: op-build v1.8 tagged end of this week/beginning of next.

Today we had a discussion between myself, Patrick, Maury, Andrew, Atit
and Joel on the upcoming op-build v1.8 release and the current state of
the tree.

>From this discussion, we agreed on the following:
- Merging in the last changes from HB and Skiboot over next couple of
  days
- master-next -> master to let it brew (Patrick has put up a pull req)
- By the end of this week (or at the latest, early next week), we go
  ahead with tagging v1.8

We also discussed a possibility of a v1.8.x releases (i.e. a bit of a
stable branch) and how this could work into the future with aiding us in
constructing IBM releases.

In the 1.8 to 1.9 timeframe, I'll look at pulling in any OPAL
(buildroot, linux, skiboot, petitboot) changes that are critical into a
branch where we can discuss the content of it and if that qualifies as a
1.8.1 (and if we can adequately test it). The idea is that such a
pattern could be useful for basing service packs on, so this will be an
experiment in the 1.8 to 1.9 time period that we'll discuss.

--
Stewart Smith
OPAL Architect, IBM.