including libubootenv in Ampere's openbmc

Chuck Kamas chuck.kamas at getcruise.com
Tue Jul 30 04:32:29 AEST 2024

Hi all,

I am in the process of adding swupdate to my Ampere openbmc build.

I have cloned openbmc:

   - git clone https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc.git

configured yocto:

   - . setup mtjade

and compiled with no problem.

   -  bitbake obmc-phosphor-image

I added libubootenv to the image, in local.conf:

   - IMAGE_INSTALL:append = "libubootenv"

However when I build I get the following error:

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
u-boot-fw-utils:##### | ETA: 0:00:01
openbmc/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/libubootenv_0.3.5.bb
openbmc/meta-aspeed/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk_2019.04.bb
A list of tasks depending on these providers is shown and may help explain
where the dependency comes from.
openbmc/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/libubootenv_0.3.5.bb has unique dependees:
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-image.bb:
do_populate_lic_deploy
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-image.bb:
do_build
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/images/obmc-phosphor-image.bb:
do_create_runtime_spdx
openbmc/meta-aspeed/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk_2019.04.bb
has unique dependees:
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/network/phosphor-network_git.bb:
do_create_runtime_spdx
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/trace-enable/trace-enable.bb:
do_create_runtime_spdx
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/network/phosphor-network_git.bb:
do_package_qa
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/trace-enable/trace-enable.bb:
do_package_write_ipk
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/clear-once/clear-once.bb:
do_create_runtime_spdx
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/network/phosphor-network_git.bb:
do_package_write_ipk
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/clear-once/clear-once.bb:
do_package_qa
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/clear-once/clear-once.bb:
do_package_write_ipk
openbmc/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/trace-enable/trace-enable.bb:
do_package_qa
It could be that one recipe provides something the other doesn't and
should. The following provider and runtime provider differences may be
helpful.
openbmc/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/libubootenv_0.3.5.bb has unique provides:
libubootenv
openbmc/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/libubootenv_0.3.5.bb has unique rprovides:
libubootenv-dev
libubootenv-bin
libubootenv-doc
libubootenv-dbg
libubootenv
libubootenv-staticdev
^libubootenv-locale-.*
libubootenv-locale
libubootenv-src
openbmc/meta-aspeed/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk_2019.04.bb
has unique provides:
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk
openbmc/meta-aspeed/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk_2019.04.bb
has unique rprovides:
^u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-locale-.*
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-src
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-doc
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-locale
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-dbg
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-staticdev
u-boot-fw-utils-aspeed-sdk-dev

I have asked over on the swupdate reflector and Stefano suggested it was an
conflict resulting from a change back in Dunfell?

Any suggestions on how to resolve this error would be appreciated!

Chuck

--

*Confidentiality Note:* We care about protecting our proprietary
information, confidential material, and trade secrets. This message may