[linux dev-6.6 v1 4/6] arm64: dts: modify clock property in modules node

Andrew Jeffery andrew at codeconstruct.com.au
Thu Jul 4 11:26:40 AEST 2024

On Wed, 2024-07-03 at 12:09 +0300, Tomer Maimon wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> One more question, for this change the clock node should be removed.
>
> I am afraid that removing the clock node could cause an ABI break, not?

Possibly it could break other devicetrees, depending on how they're
constructed.

I'm hesitant to merge these patches to the OpenBMC tree without them
being accepted upstream because of the potential for further breaks
down the track. The situation is already too murky for my taste, and
I'd prefer we keep things to a single break with whatever's accepted
upstream.

I recognise that's probably frustrating for you, but I think it focuses
the effort in the right area (getting the changes merged upstream).

I'm not sure how you best get Stephen's attention though.

Andrew