OpenBMC Linux 6.1

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Wed Feb 22 08:47:18 AEDT 2023

I'm moving the kernel tree openbmc uses to a 6.1 base for ASPEED. This
release is
supported upstream until the end of 2026, which is useful for anyone
looking to stay on the same kernel version for a long time.

+1 party is here:

 https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/61083

I've tested this on IBM's ast2600 based Rainier and Everest platforms
("p10bmc"), but further testing would be welcome.

There are 91 patches in the tree, with 38 of those patches not yet
queued for merging in v6.3. Most of the patches we carry have been
around for many years, and are changes that no one is working on.

If you have bandwidth to work on the maxim fan controller, or the
devmem kernel command line patch, or upstreaming the xdma driver, work
in these areas would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Joel