PSU Sensors Association with Entity Manager

Johnathan Mantey johnathanx.mantey at intel.com
Sat Feb 11 03:55:19 AEDT 2023

On 2/10/23 08:33, zehra.ozdemir at inventron.com.tr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to implement psu sensors with entity-manager by defining
> chassis and power supply in separate json configuration file according
> to entity-manager’s sample configurations.  PSU sensors are not
> displayed under
> /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/board/{chassisID}/all_sensors
> but under
> /xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/powersupply/{powersupplyID}/all_sensors.
> And they are not shown in the Web UI. Here is the powersupply.json
> configuration we used:

<snip>

There have been changes in the Redfish schema, which is still in
transition in bmcweb.

There are meson flags that allow you to choose between the two:
EXTRA_OEMESON += " -Dredfish-new-powersubsystem-thermalsubsystem=enabled"
EXTRA_OEMESON += " -Dredfish-allow-deprecated-power-thermal=disabled"

The "new" model, implementing the PowerSubsystem schema, is incomplete.
There is a group of commits as part of the 'redfish-power-supply' topic:
https://gerrit.openbmc.org/q/topic:redfish-power-supply
The commits are not merged, excepting one.

I'm sure other openbmc members may also have additional input.

--
Johnathan Mantey
Senior Software Engineer
Email: johnathanx.mantey at intel.com