GXP support into OpenBMC kernel

Verdun, Jean-Marie verdun at hpe.com
Tue Apr 11 23:56:48 AEST 2023

> You can't upstream to 6.2, that is already released. Did you mean
> mainline? That would be 6.4, although realistically if you don't have
> patches merged yet then you're targeting 6.5.

Yes, you are right. Sorry for the version mismatch. I was meaning mainline.

> I've picked all of the GXP patches from mainline that were merged
> after 6.1 that I could find. Take a look here, if it looks okay I'll
> merge them into the openbmc tree:

> https://github.com/shenki/linux/commits/dev-6.1 <https://github.com/shenki/linux/commits/dev-6.1>

I just checked them and they looked ok. Nick is currently upstreaming the GPIO driver which is part of the core requirement too. We will let you
know as soon as it is in. @Hawkins, Nick can you confirm to Jeol, that you are good with the patches he cherry picked an backported ?

> u-boot is a bit harder. I would prefer not to apply them to the 4 year
> old aspeed tree, as that is already too old. Instead we could start a
> new branch based on the most recent release.

We soon have upstream stuff into u-boot mainline for GXP. Can you have a look ?

JM