systemctl hangs on our BMC based on 2.11.0 release

Heyi Guo guoheyi at linux.alibaba.com
Thu Oct 13 19:56:30 AEDT 2022

Hi all,

Our BMC is based on OpenBMC 2.11.0 release, and we find systemctl hangs
nowadays. The phenomenon is just like the below issue:

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/1097

systemctl command will always return timeout and dmesg will continue to
pop up below message:

|systemd-journald[445]: Failed to send WATCHDOG=1 notification message:
Transport endpoint is not connected|

ssh connection will be refused, and normal reboot will return timeout.

Is there any known issue which will cause this problem? Or do you have
any suggestion on how to debug?

For the above bug, I don't see any resolution before it was closed.

Thanks,

Heyi