Security Working Group meeting - Wednesday October 12 - results

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Thu Oct 13 04:35:12 AEDT 2022

On 10/12/22 9:15 AM, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
> This is a reminder of the OpenBMC Security Working Group meeting
> scheduled for this Wednesday October 12 at 10:00am PDT.
>
> The meeting is on Discord voice.
>
> === MEETING ACCESS ON DISCORD VOICE  ===
> First, join Discord via https://discord.gg/69Km47zH98
> <https://discord.gg/69Km47zH98> and confirm via email.
> Then, to join: navigate Discord > OpenBMC > Voice channels >  Security
> ~ https://discord.com/channels/775381525260664832/1002376534377635860
> <https://discord.com/channels/775381525260664832/1002376534377635860>
>

> We'll discuss the following items on the agenda
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI>,
> and anything else that comes up:

Meeting held 2022-10-12:
Attendees: alda, cengel74, Dick Wilkins, dsp, galmasi, Joseph Reynolds,
Rob, russWilson, RuudHaring, skoteshwara, YutakaSugawara. 1 Ruud:
Working gerrit reviews for SELinux and for measured boot.
Wanted: branch in public repo to show progress for measured boot.
Can we start code before the design is approved?  Specifically, create a
public fork?

2 Joseph mentioned interest in some code reviews with security focus:
https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/phosphor-certificate-manager/+/54947
<https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/phosphor-certificate-manager/+/54947>Allow
for expired certificate
https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/webui-vue/+/56719
<https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/webui-vue/+/56719>Old password
input in change password screen

3 New meeting time?
Anyone can hold a security workgroup meeting.  It is fun and easy!  The
steps are:

 1. Set a meeting time.  Choose a date and time when others can meet.
 2. Publish (email) the meeting time and its agenda.
 3. Hold the meeting and keep notes about topics discussed.
 4. Publish (email) the notes.

Joseph