Can we improve the experience of working on OpenBMC?

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Fri Jul 29 12:21:15 AEST 2022

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, at 09:40, Brad Bishop wrote:
> Hi Andrew, thanks for poking at this.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 10:52:04AM +0930, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
>>
>># Problems
>>
>>1. Yocto is hard
>>    1. Managing patch stacks is hard
>>    2. Yocto-specific tooling is hard
>>    3. Finding the right recipe file to inspect/modify is hard
>>    4. Yocto has too much documentation
>>2. OpenBMC has too much documentation
>
> 🙂 Really?

Hey, I'm just the messenger 😅

But of course, I could have misinterpreted the conversation. The mind
map has all the quotes and reference links.

I should have mentioned that the mind map I linked to on github was
generated with Freemind in case anyone wants to see something more
sensible than raw XML.

Andrew