LDAP groups and roles mapping

Alexander A. Filippov a.filippov at yadro.com
Tue Jan 11 02:56:32 AEDT 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 05:40:02PM +0300, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 05:12:46PM +0300, Alexander A. Filippov wrote:
> > Our customers want LDAP groups and roles mapping working not only by primary
> > group, but also by the membership in one of these groups.
> > And this requirement seems to me reasonable.
>
> A sidenote: windows active directory admins might also want you to
> take nested groups into consideration. I suggest you check with the
> customers if that's the case or not.

Yes, it looks like a problem.
I'm afraid that the recursive queries will execute too long and PAM will give
rejection by timeout.

But `phosphor-user-manager` allows to create mappings of several LDAP groups
into one role and thus, I suppose, we can claim that we don't support the nested
groups.

--
Alexander