LDAP groups and roles mapping

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 01:40:02 AEDT 2022

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 05:12:46PM +0300, Alexander A. Filippov wrote:
> Our customers want LDAP groups and roles mapping working not only by primary
> group, but also by the membership in one of these groups.
> And this requirement seems to me reasonable.

A sidenote: windows active directory admins might also want you to
take nested groups into consideration. I suggest you check with the
customers if that's the case or not.

AFAIK there's no standard way to do that (other than recursively walk
through the group membership) but microsoft has
LDAP_MATCHING_RULE_IN_CHAIN OID:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/adsi/search-filter-syntax

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com