FRU access configuration

damon3000 damon3000 at 163.com
Thu Feb 17 22:10:33 AEDT 2022

Hi Patrick,

  1.  According to your suggestion, I can scan my FRU information via busctl command, but entity-manager did not start and can not be accessed.
The log is as below:

"
busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice
`-/xyz
  `-/xyz/openbmc_project
    `-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_64
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_65
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/10_67
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/3_80
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_72
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_74
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/6_76
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/7_81
      |-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/7_89
      `-/xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/test

busctl introspect --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice \
>  /xyz/openbmc_project/FruDevice/Brahma______________
NAME                                TYPE      SIGNATURE RESULT/VALUE                       FLAGS
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface -         -                                  -
.Introspect                         method    -         s                                  -
org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer           interface -         -                                  -
.GetMachineId                       method    -         s                                  -
.Ping                               method    -         -                                  -
org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties     interface -         -                                  -
.Get                                method    ss        v                                  -
.GetAll                             method    s         a{sv}                              -
.Set                                method    ssv       -                                  -
.PropertiesChanged                  signal    sa{sv}as  -                                  -
xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice       interface -         -                                  -
.ADDRESS                            property  u         80                                 emits-change
.BOARD_FRU_VERSION_ID               property  s         "UVD050"                           emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM1                     property  s         "V1  "                             emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM2                     property  s         "0123456789ABCDE001TAG0000002  " emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM3                     property  s         "R1B "                             emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM4                     property  s         "XX1 "                             emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM5                     property  s         "0E11223344E0"                     emits-change
.BOARD_INFO_AM6                     property  s         "02"                               emits-change
.BOARD_LANGUAGE_CODE                property  s         "0"                                emits-change
.BOARD_MANUFACTURER                 property  s         "Huaqin Telecom  "                 emits-change
.BOARD_MANUFACTURE_DATE             property  s         "1996-07-07 - 10:57:00"            emits-change
.BOARD_PART_NUMBER                  property  s         "NA                  "             emits-change
.BOARD_PRODUCT_NAME                 property  s         "test              "             emits-change
.BOARD_SERIAL_NUMBER                property  s         "3120E33900011X0010            " emits-change

root at sky:/etc/default/obmc/eeproms/system/chassis# echo "24c64 0x50 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-3/new_device"
24c64 0x50 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-3/new_device
root at sky:/etc/default/obmc/eeproms/system/chassis# busctl tree --no-pager xyz.openbmc_project.EntityManager
Failed to introspect object / of service xyz.openbmc_project.EntityManager: The name is not activatable
No objects discovered.

"

I modified one of the configuration which is in entity-manager/configuration folder, its name is Mt_jade.json, The modification is as below from line 759:
      "Name": "$bus test",
      "Probe": "xyz.openbmc_project.FruDevice({'PRODUCT_PRODUCT_NAME': 'test'})",
        "Type": "Chassis",

Still occurred the above log.

2. According to meta-quanta's commit, I did not find they modify entity-manager/configuration files. And I tried the method, however I can not display them to "ipmitool fru"

"
commit 0de4856d037ff2525b3dd74ce2cbafdd4dcff443
Author: Joseph Fu <joseph.fu at quantatw.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 26 14:37:42 2022 +0800

    meta-quanta: s6q: add fru yaml config files

    Add fru setting config and device json file.

"

Could you provide some suggestions?