FRU access configuration

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Feb 16 06:34:38 AEDT 2022

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 11:13:22AM +0800, damon3000 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to openbmc. I am started porting openbmc features to new hardware.
> So, I want to add support for FRUID EEPROM. FRUID contents should be available as dbus objects. What changes needs to done in the application side.
>
> Please provide the steps or suggestions to follow.

You should probably look at https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager and
existing systems that leverage it.  There is already support for specifying the
location of your EEPROM and interpreting it / exposing as dbus objects.

'FruDevice' is typically involved in the EEPROM parsing and then there is
entity-manager JSON that exposes specific EEPROM fields as the Inventory
object(s).

--
Patrick Williams