No dbus objects for phosphor-regulators

Mike Jones proclivis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 02:42:37 AEDT 2022

Shawn,

I was mainly surprised because a conversation I had with Guenter, if I remember correctly, suggested that /dev/i2c calls from user space work with hwmon, because hwmon does not lock the i2c except when using it.

So I assumed that in this case, it was the polling of hwmon that was just keeping it locked enough to conflict with phosphor-regulators and then it gives up.

I could just not use hwmon at all use phosphor-regulators for all telemetry, but this seemed like more work.

Also, I will need to figure out how to connect phosphor-regulators telemetry to Redfish and the WebUI. Are there examples of how to do that?

Mike