Open BMC Jenkins information

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 05:21:27 AEDT 2021

> On Oct 21, 2021, at 12:01 AM, Kiran Gopal Patil <patilkg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to understand the OpenBMC continuous integration.

Sure, I handle a lot of the CI infrastructure for OpenBMC. Can I ask why you are interested? Looking to set up some CI for your machine?

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#infrastructure-scripts-and-jenkins-jobs has a link to the jobs and scripts used by the jobs.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#current-infrastructure has some info on current nodes, although it needs to be updated to include the 4 that Facebook donated a while back.

For the full bitbake builds, we run the Romulus image in CI and do some basic REST/IPMI/SSH test cases.  This was just updated recently via https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/+/46987. We then have some other jenkins instances that do some HW CI tests as well. https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Adding-a-System-to-Hardware-Continuous-Integration has some info on that.

> Also, through my github account I can login to https://jenkins.openbmc.org/ however this does not enable me to see the job configuration.
> Is there any repo where all these configuration is versioned?

We utilize the ThinBackup plugin to back everything up (and a cron job periodically offloads it) but the actual jenkins configs are not available to the general public. Mostly I haven’t wanted to deal with worrying about any security holes in giving everyone access. The goal has been to keep the jobs very simple, they run a bash script which we version control in https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/tree/master/jenkins.