Unix-mode newlines

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Nov 13 03:17:17 AEDT 2021

Hello,

Generally we've had a preference for Unix-style newlines (\n) and not DOS-style
newlines (\r\n), but it has never been documented.  I've recently found
a small number of files that are either DOS-style or mixed-styles and I've been
fixing them as I've ran into them.

I recently discovered that clang-format has options that allow us to force
Unix-style newlines.  I've pushed up a commit to docs that makes two changes to
our C++ style guidelines:

    1) Document expectation of using Unix-style newlines.
    2) Update .clang-format to enforce Unix-style newlines.

See https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/48770 .

I'll leave this commit open until early next week and then merge it if I don't
hear any concerns.

--
Patrick Williams