回覆: 回覆: [phosphor-host-ipmid] Question about IPMI SDR

Chris Chen (TPI) Chris.Chen3 at flex.com
Tue Nov 9 16:40:07 AEDT 2021

Hi Sui,

Understood. Thanks for your sharing and explanation.:)

Regards,
Chris Chen

________________________________
寄件者: openbmc <openbmc-bounces+chris.chen3=flex.com at lists.ozlabs.org> 代表 Sui Chen <suichen at google.com>
寄件日期: 2021年11月9日 上午 10:48
收件者: openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
主旨: Re: 回覆: [phosphor-host-ipmid] Question about IPMI SDR

On 11/8/21 3:37 AM, Chris Chen (TPI) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I figured out the error message is due to the
> phosphor-health-monitor package. The phosphor-health-monitor doesn't
> have the interface of org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager and with the
> GetManagedObjects method call, so the getSensorMap() in the
> intel-ipmi-oem would be failed.

Thanks for catching this, it seems there exists a change to make
phosphor-health-monitor compatible with `ipmitool sdr`:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-health-monitor/*/41228__;Kw!!HSntlCg!DzN2BnayriYpQCdSx4TogrU5g1VExABJGrJlJ3l1_UbGPNCYoZQmrOXbxyGG-nki$

>  1.
>     is it only for monitoring CPU and memory sensor values?  it looks
>     like there is no explanation of it is in the phosphor-health-monitor
>     repo.

Yes it is for monitoring the BMC's CPU, memory and storage usage, and
other metrics.

>  2.
>     can I remove it? If yes, will I miss any features?

Yes it is safe to remove, there are plans to use phosphor-health-monitor
sensors in Redfish but the Schemas and bmcweb-side changes are still in
progress, so you won't miss too many features for now.

Legal Disclaimer :
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form,
please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message!