Re: 回覆: [phosphor-host-ipmid] Question about IPMI SDR

Sui Chen suichen at google.com
Tue Nov 9 13:48:47 AEDT 2021

On 11/8/21 3:37 AM, Chris Chen (TPI) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I figured out the error message is due to the
> phosphor-health-monitor package. The phosphor-health-monitor doesn't
> have the interface of org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager and with the
> GetManagedObjects method call, so the getSensorMap() in the
> intel-ipmi-oem would be failed.

Thanks for catching this, it seems there exists a change to make
phosphor-health-monitor compatible with `ipmitool sdr`:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-health-monitor/+/41228

>  1.
>     is it only for monitoring CPU and memory sensor values?  it looks
>     like there is no explanation of it is in the phosphor-health-monitor
>     repo.

Yes it is for monitoring the BMC's CPU, memory and storage usage, and
other metrics.

>  2.
>     can I remove it? If yes, will I miss any features?

Yes it is safe to remove, there are plans to use phosphor-health-monitor
sensors in Redfish but the Schemas and bmcweb-side changes are still in
progress, so you won't miss too many features for now.