SEL Event logs in Redfish

Jayashree D jayashree-d at hcl.com
Fri May 28 18:58:33 AEST 2021

Classification: Public

Hi Jason,

In journalctl log, I found that the sensor value is crossed the threshold value.
But when I tried in Redfish API, I am not able to see any logs, whether anything I am missing here ?
Could you please provide suggestions on this .

root at tiogapass:~# journalctl | grep adc
Jan 01 00:13:46 tiogapass adcsensor[298]: Sensor _MB_P5V low threshold 4.52 assert: value 4.51 raw data 1337

curl -k -H "X-Auth-Token: $token" -X GET https://${bmc}/redfish/v1/Systems/system/LogServices/EventLog/Entries
{
  "@odata.id": "/redfish/v1/Systems/system/LogServices/EventLog/Entries",
  "@odata.type": "#LogEntryCollection.LogEntryCollection",
  "Description": "Collection of System Event Log Entries",
  "Members": [],
  "Members at odata.count": 0,
  "Name": "System Event Log Entries"
}

Thanks,
Jayashree

On 5/24/2021 8:15 AM, Bruce Mitchell wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 06:41, Jayashree D wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I need some clarification on SEL Logs.
>> In SEL Event logs, when the error is injected manually , I can able
>> to see the error logs in "ipmitool sel list" command.
>> Whether it will also reflect in Redfish API ?
I am mostly familiar with the journal-bases SEL logging.  In that case, phosphor-sel-logger will detect the error and log it to both IPMI SEL and Redfish at the same time:
https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fopenbmc%2Fphosphor-sel-logger%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Finclude%2Fthreshold_event_monitor.hpp%23L272&data=04%7C01%7Cjayashree-d%40hcl.com%7C1e6f287fb3d24d154be508d91f11ef7d%7C189de737c93a4f5a8b686f4ca9941912%7C0%7C0%7C637574984193449537%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=8JHAtQ7FBZSDtVoM3b0MGi2OhBQDNB16j0Pko0jg7p8%3D&reserved=0.

It may also depend on how you are manually injecting the error.