SEL Event logs in Redfish

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Tue May 25 03:11:34 AEST 2021

On 5/24/2021 8:15 AM, Bruce Mitchell wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 06:41, Jayashree D wrote:
>> Classification: Confidential
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I need some clarification on SEL Logs.
>> In SEL Event logs, when the error is injected manually , I can able to
>> see the error logs in "ipmitool sel list" command.
>> Whether it will also reflect in Redfish API ?
I am mostly familiar with the journal-bases SEL logging.  In that case,
phosphor-sel-logger will detect the error and log it to both IPMI SEL
and Redfish at the same time:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-sel-logger/blob/master/include/threshold_event_monitor.hpp#L272.

It may also depend on how you are manually injecting the error.