[OpenBMC][Test Automation] Test Bmc Dump test failed

CS20 CHLi30 CHLI30 at nuvoton.com
Thu May 20 14:27:51 AEST 2021

Hi All,

We found that some of "Test Bmc Dump" items are failed when we run test automation.
After checking log and source code that seems relate to return type of CreateDump() in phosphor-debug-collector
is not consistent with OpenBMC-Test-Automation/redfish/extended/test_bmc_dump.robot.

Seems we need to modify test_bmc_dump.robot about return type from "Create User Initiated Dump" keyword
from ${dump_id} to object_path according current CreateDump() implementation in phosphor-debug-collector, am I right?

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-debug-collector/commit/6ccb50e133342d20d2758c3efc3f8b429abcbf90#diff-6053a5177ee8dcedec88c55df4de554b5a54497f92b041e1585c6770236773a1

However, in OpenBMC-Test-Automation/redfish/extended/test_bmc_dump.robot
Verify User Initiated BMC Dump When Powered Off
    [Documentation]  Create user initiated BMC dump at host off state and
    ...  verify dump entry for it.
    [Tags]  Verify_User_Initiated_BMC_Dump_When_Powered_Off

    Redfish Power Off  stack_mode=skip
    ${dump_id}=  Create User Initiated Dump
    Check Existence Of BMC Dump File  ${dump_id}

Run keyword "Create User Initiated Dump" still using dump id (uint32_t) to check create bmc dump functionality.
Thus, we got error message from "Check Existence Of BMC Dump File  ${dump_id}" as below:
Evaluating expression '/xyz/openbmc_project/dump/bmc/entry/1 == None' failed: SyntaxError: invalid syntax.

Repo steps:
Run test automation: robot -t Verify_User_Initiated_BMC_Dump_When_Powered_Off redfish/extended/test_bmc_dump.robot

Symptom:
screenshot from test automation report for you refer it.
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D74D73.8C2EBCD0]

Sincerely,
Tim
The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.