Web Server Code Location

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Fri Mar 26 01:10:41 AEDT 2021

On 3/24/21 1:13 AM, m10902803 at gapps.ntust.edu.tw wrote:
> Hello, I’m Luthfi, a master student in NTUST, Taiwan. Currently I’m
> working on openBMC and need to fix these problem: Network settings
> Firmware update I already finished install the Romulus image and QEMU
> to run it with GUI. I run ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
>
> Hello, I’m Luthfi, a master student in NTUST, Taiwan. Currently I’m
> working on openBMC and need to fix these problem:
>
>  1. Network settings
>  2. Firmware update
>
> I already finished install the Romulus image and QEMU to run it with
> GUI. I run the GUI by use these commands
>
> qemu-system-arm -m 256 -M romulus-bmc -nographic -drive
> file=./tmp/deploy/images/romulus/obmc-phosphor-image-romulus.static.mtd,format=raw,if=mtd
> -net nic -net
> user,hostfwd=:127.0.0.1:2222-:22,hostfwd=:127.0.0.1:2443-:443,hostname=qemu
>
> How can I check the source code of the web server that running in it?

Where did you get your obmc-phosphor-image-romulus.static.mtd image from?
Did you get by following this?
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/dev-environment.md
Then that image will have been built by docker.  From there, you can
identify exactly which version (get commit) of BMCWeb you have.

However, if you plan to write code for the web server, you will
eventually want to follow the steps here:
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/DEVELOPING.md

In general, you can learn more about specific OpenBMC features from:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/features.md
For example, this identifies the BMCWeb HTTP/Web server as:
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/README.md

Joseph