Question of phosphor-sel-logger

Duke Du (杜祥嘉) Duke.Du at quantatw.com
Wed Mar 24 22:28:31 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

     I used package phosphor-hwmon and phospor-sel-logger to monitor sensor and create log when sensor reading
   cross the threshold. I found after the commit 25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa of phosphor-sel-logger
   would catch the signal "ThresholdAsserted" to create sensor threhold log in the journal, but the phosphor-hwmon
   would not send the signal "ThresholdAsserted" when sensor reading is abnormal so that phosphor-sel-logger
   would not create the sensor threhold log, am I right ?

   If I'm right, can you give me some suggestion to fix this side effect, or what setting I have lost in the
   phosphor-hwmon or phosphor-sel-logger ?

   phosphor-sel-logger commit 25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa link :
   https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-sel-logger/commit/25b26e162bd109b51aa09b16f26f9aa3d9d940fa

   Thanks very much !
   Duke